REQUIREMENTS FOR ASSOCIATION MEMBERSHIP
Primary REALTOR® Membership is a 3 Way Membership.
- Local Association
- State (C.A.R. - California Association of REALTORS®)
- National (NAR - National Association of REALTORS®)
Forms Required For All New Agents and Brokers:
- Application For Membership (Agents and Brokers)
- Notice of Addition of Licensee (Agents)
- Letter of Good Standing - Required of a REALTOR® member transferring from another Association. (Agents and Brokers)
- Credit Card Authorization Form - For credit card transactions. Can accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover.
PROCESSING: Forms are processed in 2 business days and receipt of completed forms and payment are required before membership will be activated. For same day processing, all forms and payment MUST be received by 3:00 p.m.
By Appointment: Call TAAR at (661) 822-7652 and bring the completed forms.
By E-mail or FAX: Send all forms by E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax (661) 822-3459.
By Mail: Mail all forms and payment to TAAR, 803 Tucker Road, Tehachapi, CA 93561.
ASSOCIATION MEMBERSHIP: Board of Directors require all new Association members to attend a REALTOR® Orientation class. Classes are held at the TAAR Office located at 803 Tucker Rd., Tehachapi, CA 93561.
- Wednesday, February 8, 2017
- Wednesday, May 17, 2017
- Wednesday, August 16, 2017
- Wednesday, November 15, 2017
NOTE: For each member who does not attend the REALTOR Orientation class, there is a $100.00 non-attendance fee that is charged to broker and Association membership will be inactivated until the requirement is fulfilled. (A Letter of Good Standing from your primary association stating you have REALTOR® membership for the current year, will fulfill this requirement.)
NAR MEMBERSHIP: NAR requires new members to pass a COE exam. This is taken online at www.realtor.org/education and needs to be completed within 120 days of joining an association. (If transferring REALTOR® membership, a letter of Good Standing from your primary association stating you have REALTOR® membership for current year and taken this course, will fulfill this requirement.)
C.A.R. MEMBERSHIP: C.A.R. requires new members to complete the self-registration process on www.car.org, prior to accessing any password protected areas.