APPLY FOR TEHACHAPI AREA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® MEMBERSHIP -
Membership Type: a) Designated REALTOR®; b) REALTOR®; or c) Secondary Association Member
Primary REALTOR® Association Membership is a 3 Way Membership.
1- LOCAL Association
2 - STATE Association
3 - NATIONAL Association of REALTORS®
A Primary Association is the one who collects your C.A.R. and NAR annual allocations.
For Secondary Association Membership, a REALTOR® would only pay association dues.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ASSOCIATION MEMBERSHIP
FORMS REQUIRED: (For All New Agents and Brokers)
1 - Application For Membership (Agents and Brokers) - Click for app
2 - Notice of Addition of Licensee (Agents) - Click for Ad form
3 - Letter of Good Standing (Agents and Brokers)
NOTE: Also joining Tehachapi MLS, click 'Join the MLS' for list of additional required forms.
Forms are processed within 2 business days of receipt. Completed forms and payment are required before membership will be activated.
For same day processing, all forms and payment MUST be received by 12:00 p.m.
- By Appointment: Call TAAR at (661) 822-7652 to schedule a time to bring in the completed forms.
- By Mail: Mail all forms and payment to TAAR, 803 Tucker Road, Tehachapi, CA 93561. (Make checks out to Tehachapi Area Association of REALTORS®)
ASSOCIATION MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS:
Board of Directors require all new members to attend a REALTOR® Orientation class. (DUE TO COVID-19, CLASSES MAY BE HELD VIRTUALLY. Class reminders will contain meeting information.)
2021 New Member Mandatory Orientation Class Dates:
- REALTOR® ONLY VIRTUAL -Wednesday, February 17, 2021, 1:30 pm
- REALTOR® ONLY VIRTUAL - Wednesday, May 19, 2021, 1:30 pm
- REALTOR® ONLY VIRTUAL - Wednesday, August 18, 2021, 1:30 pm
- REALTOR® ONLY VIRTUAL - Wednesday, November 17, 2021, 1:30 pm
NOTE: For each member who does not attend the Orientation class:
- A $100.00 non-attendance fee will be charged to Broker.
- Association membership will be inactivated until the requirement is fulfilled.
(A Letter of Good Standing from your primary association stating you have REALTOR membership for current year, will fulfill this REALTOR® Orientation requirement.)
NAR Membership: New members are required to complete a NAR Code Of Ethics exam within 120 days of joining an association. This is offered FREE to REALTORS® and taken online at www.nar.realtor -> Education (take COEN). (Transferring REALTORS®, your NAR COE education log or a COE class completion certificate can be used to satisfy this requirement.)
CAR Membership: New members must complete self-registration process on www.car.org , prior to accessing any password protected areas.