APPLY FOR JUST TEHACHAPI AREA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® MEMBERSHIP -
Membership Types: a) Designated REALTOR®; b) REALTOR®; or c) Secondary Association Member
a) (Responsible Broker) b) (Salesperson or BR Associate) c) (DR, R who hold Primary REALTOR® membership at another AOR)
Primary REALTOR® Association Membership is a 3 Way Membership.
1- LOCAL Association
2 - STATE Association
3 - NATIONAL Association of REALTORS®
- A Primary Association is the one who collects your C.A.R. and NAR annual allocations.
- For Secondary Association Membership, a REALTOR® would only pay TAAR dues.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ASSOCIATION MEMBERSHIP
FORMS REQUIRED: (For All New Agents and Brokers) Click here to see all MLS Forms and fee schedule.
1 - Application For Membership (Agents and Brokers) - Click for app
2 - Notice of Addition of Licensee (Agents) - Click for Ad form
3 - Letter of Good Standing (Agents and Brokers) (Required from all members that hold REALTOR® membership with another Association. Obtain from Primary Association.)
4 - Copy of Drivers License (Agents and Brokers)
NOTE: Also joining Tehachapi MLS? Click 'Join the MLS' for list of additional required forms.
Forms are processed within 2 business days of receipt of Completed forms. Payment is required before membership will be activated.
- By Appointment: Call TAAR at (661) 822-7652 to schedule a time to bring in the completed forms.
- By Mail: Send all forms and payment to TAAR, 20705 South St., Suite A, Tehachapi, CA 93561. (Make checks out to Tehachapi Area Association of REALTORS®)
ASSOCIATION MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS:
Board of Directors require all NEW members to attend a REALTOR® Member Orientation class to retain Active REALTOR® Membership. These are given once every quarter.
2023 New REALTOR® Member Mandatory Orientation Class Dates:
Classes are held IN PERSON at the TAAR Office, 20705 South St., Suite A, Tehachapi, CA 93561.
- REALTOR® IN PERSON - Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 1:30 pm, at TAAR Office
- REALTOR® IN PERSON - Wednesday, May 17, 2023, 1:30 pm, at TAAR Office
- REALTOR® IN PERSON - Wednesday, August 23, 2023, 1:30 pm, at TAAR Office
- REALTOR® IN PERSON - Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 1:30 pm, at TAAR Office
For Each Member Who Does Not Attend their Orientation Class:
- New Member will incur a $100.00 non-attendance fee.
- Association membership will be inactivated until the requirement is fulfilled.
(Active REALTORS® transferring: A Letter of Good Standing from your primary association stating you have completed your REALTOR® Orientation, will fulfill our REALTOR® Orientation requirement.)
For NAR Membership: NEW members are required to complete a NAR Code Of Ethics exam within 120 days of joining an association. This is offered FREE to REALTORS® and taken online at www.nar.realtor -> Education (take COEN). (Transferring REALTORS®, your NAR COE education log or a COE class completion certificate can be used to satisfy this requirement.)
For CAR Membership: NEW members must complete self-registration process on www.car.org , prior to accessing any password protected areas.